Academic Senate is a collegial advisory body (hereinafter referred to as CAB) for the organizational support of scientific research, monitoring the implementation of planned activities of the Institute. The composition of the Academic Senate, its tasks, powers and work regulations are determined by the Charter of the Republican State Enterprise on the Right of Economic Management Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, the rules of the organization of the activities of the Research Institute and the approved regulations (scanned copy is attached). The activities of the Academic Senate of the Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology are carried out in accordance with the current “Regulations on the Academic Senate”.
The term of office of the Academic Senate is determined by the Charter of the Institute. An early change in the composition of the Academic Senate is carried out at the request of at least half of its members. Replacement of retired members of the Academic Senate is carried out by order of the director. The Academic Senate is headed by the Director of the Institute, who is its chairman. Deputy Chairman of the Academic Senate is appointed Deputy Director of the Institute for the scientific part.
The Academic Senate consists of the following positions: deputy directors, academic Secretary, heads of departments, academicians, as well as honored researchers of the Institute. The personal composition of the Academic Senate is approved by the Director. The frequency of the Academic Senate is monthly, or as needed, but at least once a quarter.
In 2021, the work of the Academic Senate was carried out in accordance with the plan. In 2021, seven meetings of the Academic Senate were held, as well as extended meetings were held unscheduled. At the meetings of the Academic Senate, issues related to the organization and conduct of scientific, educational, personnel, production and other activities of the Institute, the recommendation of publications for printing were resolved. 52 issues were considered at the meetings, among them – approval of the composition of the Academic Senate, various annual plans and reports on the activities of the Institute, questions on the Master’s and doctoral programs (approval of topics, appointment of managers, consultants, internships), reports on the implementation of scientific programs and projects. The issues of carrying out activities for the implementation of the “Rukhani Zhangyru” program, scientific and informational support of the President’s Address to the people of Kazakhstan, the publication activity of scientists of the Institute, the activities of scientific journals of the Institute were considered: 1) International Electronic Scientific Journal “edu.e-history.kz” (RSCI); 2) “Otan tarikhy” (CCSES, RSCI); 3) “Turkestan Bulletin”. Reports on the work of the trade union committee, on the work of the Institute’s library, a report on personnel work, etc. were also considered.
Reports on the work of the departments of the Institute are heard annually, which contributes to the coordination of the activities of structural units, the resolution of emerging issues:
– Department of Ancient and Medieval History of Kazakhstan and Neighboring Countries;
– Department of the History of Kazakhstan of modern Times;
– Department of History of Kazakhstan of the XX century;
– Department of Ethnology and Anthropology;
– Department of External Relations, Information and Scientific Cluster;
– Department of Historiography, Source Studies and Modern Methodology;
– Department of World History.
Based on the decision of the Academic Senate, a Center for the preparation of a new academic publication on the history of Kazakhstan has been opened to coordinate work on the program of the PTF “Development of an academic publication “The History of Kazakhstan from ancient times to the present day” in seven volumes”.
By the decision of the Academic Senate, the title of “Honorary professor” of the Institute was awarded to V.I. Kozodoy, a prominent Russian historian, Doctor of Historical Sciences, professor, author of the book “Alikhan Bukeikhanov: a man–epoch” (Russia, Novosibirsk).
The Academic Senate recommended for publication 5 monographs, 5 collections of documents and materials, 10 collections of conference materials and a round table:
- Abdirov M.J. Kazakh Khan in the Russian state: monograph / Under the scientific editorship of Z.E. Kabuldinov. – Almaty, 2021. – 542 p.
- In exile: The Epistolary Legacy of Mustafa Shokay. 1919-1941 / Edited by G.K. Kokebayev; comp.: G.T. Isakhan, G.K. Kokebayeva, S.K. Shildebai. ‒ Almaty: Polygraphy service and K, 2021. ‒ 490 p.
- Zhenis Z. Turkic worldview and statehood: historical continuity and transformation (VII‒XIII centuries). – Almaty, “Ush Kiyan”, 2022. ‒ 392 p.
- Toktabay A. Kazakh sacred places (historical and architectural studies, articles, folklore data). – Almaty:” Litera-m ” LLP, 2021. ‒ 348 p.
- Shildebay S.K., Zhunisbayev A.A. history of the fight against infectious diseases and epidemics in Kazakhstan (1920-1936) / Shildebay .K., Zhunisbayev A.A. – Almaty: polygraph Service, 2021, P.167.
- “Top secret”: declassified regulations and documents. Collection of documents /Comp. Sh. B. Tleubaev, R.E. Orazov. – Almaty, 2021. – 518 p.
- Zhumabai Shayakhmetov. Documents and materials. – Almaty: LEM, 2022. – 460 p.
- Liquidation of bais and kulaks in Kazakhstan in the late 1920s – early 1930s: collection of documents Vol. 2 / Comp.: Z.E. Kabuldinov, M.R. Satenova, A.M. Abikey. – Almaty: Litera-M LLP, 2021. – 548 p.
- Muslim and Orthodox missionaries in Kazakhstan: activities and results (XIX – early XX centuries). Collection of documents and materials / Comp.: Z.T. Sadvokasova, B.T. Zhanaev, M.R. Satenova, R.E. Orazov, S.K. Rustemov. – Almaty: Litera-M, 2021. – 480 p.
- Seitkali Mendeshev: collection of documents and materials =Mendeshev: collection of documents and materials / comp.- author: S. K. Shildebay; comp. A.B. Ordakhanova. – Almaty: “polygraphy-service and K”, 2021. – 590 p.
- Collection of materials of the international scientific and theoretical conference “Academician M. K. Kozybayev and modern formulation of national history”. – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 306 p. – Kaz., Rus.
- “The 30s of the XX century in Kazakhstan. famine at the beginning and forced migration of Kazakhs to neighboring territories: research problems” Rep. conf. mat. / comp. Kudaibergenova A.I., Kozybayeva M.M., Baidaly R. – Almaty: Litera-Moscow, 2021. – 296 p. – Kaz., Russian.
- Collection of materials of the Republican scientific and practical conference “History of Kazakhstan in the Soviet period: research and problems”. – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 142 p.
- “A new impulse for the development of historical science of Kazakhstan in the third decade of the XXI century” within the framework of the article of the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan K.K. Tokayev “Nothing is More Precious than Independence”. Republican scientific and practical online conference – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 198 p. – Kazakh, Russian.
- Collection of materials of the Republican scientific and practical conference “Zhumabay Shayakhmetov – outstanding statesman”. – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 276 p.
- Collection of materials of the International scientific and practical conference “Actual problems of agrarian history of Kazakhstan in the Soviet period: power and society”. – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 192 p.
- Collection of materials of the International scientific and practical conference “Issues of rehabilitation of victims of mass political repression in Kazakhstan in the 20-50s of the twentieth century: domestic experience and international practice”. Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 220 p.
- Collection of materials of the Republican scientific and practical conference “The relevance of the development of a brief history of Kazakhstan for a foreign audience in the framework of the practical implementation of the article by K.K. Tokayev ” Nothing is More Precious than Independence” – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, IE “Alma”, 2021. – 344 p.
- Collection of materials of the Republican scientific and practical conference “Political repressions among Kazakhs in the republics of Central Asia in the 20-50s of the XX century (in the light of new archival sources)” ‒ Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, Litera-M LLP, 2021. – 246 p.
- “Famine in Kazakhstan in 1921-1922 in domestic and foreign scientific literature”: materials of the round table dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Famine of the beginning of the 1920s. / Comp. M.M. Kozybaeva, A.T. Kapaeva, A.A. Bekenova. – Almaty: Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, 2021. – 158 p. – Kaz., Rus.