Director of the Branch in the Astana
Director of the Branch
Fullname: Kozybayeva Mahabbat Malikovna
Position: Director of the branch of the Ch.Ch.Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology in Nur – Sultan, leading researcher
Academic degree, title: Doctor PhD
Contact details, e-mail:
Born on August 11,1985 in Krasnaya Presnya,Mendykarinsky district, Kostanay region.
Education: higher professional, higher scientific and pedagogical.
2011-2015 – L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, PhD in History.
2007-2009 – Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute, Master’s degree in History.
2003-2007 – Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute, Bachelor’s degree in History, Fundamentals of Law and Economics.
Academic degree: in 2015, at the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, she successfully defended her dissertation for the degree of Doctor of PhD in the specialty 6D020300 “History”. Dissertation topic: “Everyday life of the cities of Northern Kazakhstan in the 1920s-1930s”.
The experience in scientific and pedagogical work is 15 years.
Since 2022 – Director of the branch of the Ch.Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology in Nur-Sultan.
2021-2022 – Acting Deputy Director for Scientific Work of the Institute of History and Ethnology named after Ch.Ch. Valikhanov.
2017-2021 – Academic Secretary of the Institute of History and Ethnology named after Ch.Ch. Valikhanov.
2016-2017 – Associate Professor of the Department of History of Kazakhstan, Department of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan of Kostanay State Pedagogical University, Secretary of the Supervisory Board.
2013-2016 – Senior Lecturer, Deputy Head of the Department of the Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University.
2012-2013 – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Regional Studies of the Faculty of International Relations of the L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University.
2011-2012 – Senior Lecturer at the Department of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Historical Faculty of the L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University.
2010-2011 – Senior lecturer of the Department of History of Kazakhstan of Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute, Chairman of the Council of Young Scientists, member of the Academic Council of Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute.
2009-2010 – Deputy Dean of the Faculty of History and Arts, Lecturer of the Department of History of Kazakhstan of Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute.
2007-2009 – Lecturer at the Department of World History, Fundamentals of Law and Economics of KSPI, part-time lecturer at the Department of Economic Theory of Kostanay State University named after A. Baitursynov.
Internships and professional development:
August 2018 – Summer School of Young Historians (Kyrgyzstan)
June 2018 – Summer School of Young Archivists, Archive of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Kazakhstan, Almaty)
June 2017 – Summer School for Learning a foreign language, KSPI (Kazakhstan, Kostanay)
November 2016 – advanced training courses for teaching non-linguistic subjects in foreign languages, Kazumoimya (Kazakhstan, Almaty)
March 2014 – Internship at Mimar Sinan University of Arts (Turkey, Istanbul)
March 2013 – internship at the International Institute of Social History, University of Leiden (Netherlands, Amsterdam)
June 17-24, 2012 – internship at the Geopolitical Center “Eurasia-Sofia” (Bulgaria, Sofia)
2012 – certificates of programs: “Central Asia in the modern world” (Sebastitn Peyrouse, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute, Silk Road Studies Program); “Academic methodology: how to write an article for a peer-reviewed journal” (Marlene Laruelle, Central Asia Program, George Washington University (USA); “Publication in rating scientific journals” (Ruben Azizyan, Asia-Pacific Center for Security (USA, Hawaii); “Regional Security and Cooperation in the Asia-Pacific Region” (Ruben Azizyan, Asia-Pacific Center for Security (USA, Hawaii); “Problems of Philosophy of History, Eurasianism and modern Geopolitics” (Ganchev Petko, Geopolitical Center “Eurasia” (Sofia, Bulgaria), “Modern concepts of Philosophy of Science”, lecturer – Satybaldinova K.M., Professor RUDN (Russia, Moscow).
2011 – internship under the program “Innovative Technologies in Modern Education” at the Center for Innovative Technologies and Social Expertise (Russia, Moscow).
Awards and diplomas:
2020 – winner of the State Scientific Scholarship of the Republic of Kazakhstan for talented young scientists;
2019 – Certificate of Honor of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2014 – I place in the Republican contest of scientific works “The Bright Path of Alasha”;
2010 – letter of thanks from the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the leadership of the scientific work of Svetlana Belous – 1st place in the Republican contest of student scientific works;
2008 – II place in the Republican contest of the best student works of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
Skills and abilities: experienced PC user, Task Edit (educational test compilation program).
Languages – Russian, Kazakh, English.
Membership in organizations – is a member of the Republican Association of Young Historians of Kazakhstan, the National Congress of Historians of Kazakhstan, the Public Council at the Archive of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, scientific editor of the journals “Otan Tarikhy” and “Electronic scientific Journal”edu.e-history.kz ” (RSCI, CQAES).
Publications: author of more than 60 scientific articles (including 7 articles in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed in Scopus and Web of Science databases (index h=2), 20 articles in peer-reviewed foreign and domestic publications recommended by CQAES), 5 textbooks, co-author of 4 monographs, compiler of 2 collections of archival documents.
Monographs and collections of documents:
1. Kozybayeva M.M. et al. Kostanay-Kostanay: essays of history. Kustanai from ancient times to 1936 / Edited by Prof. I.K. Ternovoy. Monograph. – Kostanay, 2012 – 608 p.
2. Kozybayeva M.M., T.B. Kazak memlekettiligi zhane Alashorda. Monograph. – Almaty, 2018 – 720 b.
3. Kozybayeva M.M. et al. From the history of Kazakhstan (XVIII – the first half of the XIX centuries). Monograph. – Almaty, 2020 – 529 p.
4. Kozybayeva M.M. et al. The Kazakh model of national accord and unity of N.A. Nazarbayev in the context of modernization of public consciousness. Monograph. – Nur-Sultan, 2020. – 423 p.
5. Alash in the history of Kazakhstan’s statehood: ideas, destinies, heritage. Collection of archival documents. Comp. Kozybayeva M.M. et al. – Almaty: “Litera-M LLP, 2018 – 356 p.
1.Civil law of the Republic of Kazakhstan.Study guide.-Kostanay,2009 –160 p.
2.Materials of the periodical press as a historical source on the history of North-Western Kazakhstan. Study guide. – Kostanay, 2010. – 190 p.
3.Methodological foundations of ethnic tolerance. Reference and methodological collection. – Astana, 2014 – 242 p.
4.Kazakhstan’s model of interethnic and interfaith harmony. Reference and methodological manual. – Astana, 2015 – 265 p.
5.The basics of ethnopolitics and the formation of Kazakhstan’s identity. Study guide. – Astana: School of Political Management, 2016 – 120 p.
Publications in foreign journals with non-zero impact factor based on Scopus, Web of Science and RSCI (h-2 index):
1. Kozybayeva M. The current development trends of relations between Kazakhstan and Turkey: the eurasian idea, the religious question and migration in the context of studying social history. // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research. – 2013. – Vol.16 – Iss.12 – P. 1648-1652. ISSN 1990-9233. SJR_2014: 0.491 (Coauthors – Baigabylov N.O., Maslov K.H., Tuleubayev Z.Z.) (Scopus)
2. Kozybayeva M. “Alien Elements” in the Social Structure and Everyday Life of City Population in Northern Kazakhstan in the 1920s (as exemplified by Akmolinsk) // Life Science Journal. – 2014. – Vol.11 – Iss. 9 – P. 348-351. ISSN 1097-8135 SJR_2014: 0,161 (Coauthor Kabuldinov Z.Y.) (Scopus)
3. Kozybayeva M. City Family of North Kazakhstan in 1920-1930s. // The Anthropologist. International Journal of Contemporary and Applied Studies of Man. – 2015. – Vol. 22 (3) – P.560-567 (Coauthor Kabuldinov Z.Y.) (Web of Science)
4. Kozybayeva M.M. Study of some subethnic and genealogical groups of kazakhs in pre-revolutionary Russian historiography (XVIII – early XX century) // Bulletin of National Academy of sciences of the republic of kazakhstan ISSN 1991-3494 – 2019. – Vol. 6 (382). P. 346-354 doi.org/10.32014/2019.2518-1467.180 (Apendiyev T.A., Smagulov B.K.) (Web of Science)
5. Kozybayeva M.M. The role of Russian researchers in the scientific study of Kazakhstan in the second half of the XVIII — XIX centuries. (based on a historiographical review and archival sources) // Electronic scientific and educational journal “History”. – 2020. – T.11. Issue 5(91) // https:// history.jes.su /s207987840010269-4-1 DOI: 10.18254/S207987840010269-4 (Apendiev T. A., Kabuldinov Z.E.) (Web of Science)
6. Kozybayeva M. Pre -Revolutionary Historiography of the System of Public Education of Kazakh in the 19th – beginning of the 20th centuries // Bylye Gody. – 2022. – 17(1). – P.145-156 (Mukhatova O.K.)
7. Kozybayeva M.M. The historical aspect “The Great Game”: an example of Kazakhstan XVIII-XIX century // Life Science Journal – 2014. – 11 (2s). – P. 174-177. ISSN: 1097-8135 (Kabuldinov Z.E., other)
8. Kozybayeva M.M. The history of ethno-cultural interaction in Northern and North-Eastern Kazakhstan in the context of studying the Kazakh model of national unity // Ulken Altai alemi – The World of the Great Altai – World of Great Altay. – 2019. – 5(3). – C.458-469 DOI: 10.31551/2410-2725-2019-5-3 (Mamytova S.N.) (RSCI)
9. Kozybayeva M.M. The Orenburg expedition of I.K. Kirilov as the initial stage of colonization of the Kazakh steppe in the XVIII century // Bulletin of the Kyrgyz National University. Balasaguni. – 2019. – No. 3. – pp.48-53 (Kabuldinov Z.E.) (RSCI)
10. Kozybayeva M.M., Grivennaya L.A. The unknown famine of the early 1920s in the Kazakh steppe. // Bulletin of the Kyrgyz National University named after J. Balasagyn. – 2021. – № 2 (106). – Pp. 91-99. (RSCI)
Publications in domestic journals recommended by the Committee for Quality Assurance in Education and Science (CQAES MES RK) for 5 years:
1. Kozybayeva M.M. “Socially alien elements” in the daily life of the urban population of Northern Kazakhstan in the second half of the 1920s // Bulletin of the L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University. Humanities series. – 2014. – №3 (100). Part 1 – PP.261-266. ISSN 1028-9364.
2. Kozybayeva M.M. Everyday and cultural life of the urban population of Northern Kazakhstan in the 1920s-1930s (on the example of the city of Kostanay). // Bulletin of the L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University. Humanities series. – 2014. – №3 (100). Part 2 – pp.448-454. ISSN 1028-9364 (co-author Maslov H.B.)
3. Kozybayeva M.M. The impact of the famine of 1921-1922 on the daily life of the urban population of Northern Kazakhstan. // Bulletin of Karaganda University. History series. Philosophy. – 2014 – No. 3(75) – PP. 162-167. ISSN 0142-0843
4. Kozybayeva M.M. Urban family and problems of Soviet society in the 1920s-1930s in the context of studying the history of everyday life of cities in Northern Kazakhstan // Bulletin of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Humanities series. – 2015 – №2 (100). – Pp.344–350. ISSN 1028-9364
5. Kozybayeva M.M. The development of trade and its role in the daily life of the urban population of Northern Kazakhstan in the 1920s-1930s. // Bulletin of the Shakarim State University of Semey. – 2015 – No. 3 (71) – pp. 222-225.
6. Kozybayeva M.M. Cities of Northern Kazakhstan in the system of the administrative-territorial structure of the republic in the 1920s-1930s within the framework of studying the history of everyday life // Bulletin of the Eurasian Humanitarian Institute. – 2015. – No. 4. – pp.32–40.
7. Kozybayeva M.M. Orenburg expedition (commission) of 1734-1744 on colonization of the Kazakh steppe: goals, stages, consequences // Otan tarikhy. – 2019. – №3 (87). – Pp. 58-72. (Kabuldinov Z.E.)
8. Kozybayeva M.M. Kazak ulttyk ethnografiyalyk kelbetinin ainasy. “Kazaktyn ethnografiyalyk categoryalar, ugymdar men ataularynn dasturli zhuyesi”. 5 tomdyk ents. (Gyl. ed. zhane zhoba zhetekshisi N. Alimbay. – Almaty: “Alem Damu Integration” ZHSHS, 2018). Son-pkkrr // “edu.e-history.kz ” electronic magazines. – 2019. – No. 1 (17) (Z.E.Kabyldinov, S.M. Borbasov)
9. Kozybayeva M.M. Conceptual rethinking of national history: A. Kuzembayuly’s contribution to the development of historical science of Kazakhstan // Otan tarikhy. – 2020. – № 1 (89). – Pp. 58-72. (Abil E.A.)
10. Kozybayeva M.M. Historical and spatial foundations of the phenomenon of the Turkic civilization // Otan tarikhy. – 2020. – №3 (91). – Pp. 30-41. (Kishkenbayeva Zh.K., Maslov Kh.B.)
11. Kozybayeva M.M. Sogystan keyingi kezenegi Saltustik Kazakhstan oblysy sharualaryn aleumettik-ekonomikalyk zhagdayy men kundelikti omirinin erekshelikteri // Kagandy universitetinin khabarshysy. Tarikh. The philosophy of seriyasa. 2021. – No.4 – 44-53 bb. DOI 10731489/2021HPh4 (CQAES)
12. Kozybayeva M.M. Features of the socio-economic situation of the peasantry of the North Kazakhstan region in the post-war period // Otan tarikhy. – 2020. – № 3 (91). – Pp. 150-131. (Kudaibergenuly B.)
13. Kozybayeva M.M., Kazak boskyndary XX g. 30-shy lj. basynda Batys Sibirde: beyimdelu zhane ornalasu maseleri // Otan tarikhy. – 2021. – № 3 (95). – Pp. 110-118. // https://otan.history.iie.kz/main/article / view/95 (A.A.Bekenova)
14. Kozybayeva M.M., Kazakstandagi 1921-1922 zhyldardagi asharshylyk zhane onyn zardaptary (Soltustik Kazakhstan materialdary negizinde) // Otan tarikhy. – 2021. – № 4 (96)№ – 149-157 bb. (And Kudaibergenova.I., Baydaly R.Zh.)
15. M Kozybayeva.M. Topography and landscape of settlement complexes of the Bronze Age in the northern regions of Kazakhstan // Electronic scientific journal “edu.e-history.kz” – 2020. – № 3(23) July-September (S.K. Sakenov)
16. Kozybayeva M.M. Uly Otan sogysy zhyldaryndagi Pavlodar kalasy // Electronic scientific journal “edu.e-history.kz ” – 2020. – No. 2(22), sauir-mausym (B. Kudaibergenuly, B.Zh. Kabdushev)
17. M Kozybayeva.M. KAZAKH NOMADS ON THE TERRITORY OF WESTERN SIBERIA DURING THE FAMINE OF THE EARLY 30S OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY. // Electronic scientific journal “edu.e-history.kz ” No. 4(24), 2020
18. Kozybayeva M.M. SAYASI KUGYN-SURGINGE USHYRAGAN AYELDER (BOYYNSHA AKMOLA OBLYSY) // Electronic scientific journal “edu.e-history.kz ” No. 3(27), 2021 (K.K. Sarsembina, H.B. Maslov)
19. Kozybayeva M.M. URBAN FAMILY IN THE CONTEXT OF STUDYING THE EVERYDAY LIFE OF NORTH KAZAKHSTAN CITIES OF THE 1920S-1930S // Electronic scientific journal “edu.e-history.kz”. – 2021. – №4(28).