MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN COMMITTEE OF SCIENCE CH. CH. VALIKHANOV INSTITUTE OF HISTORY AND ETHNOLOGY
MUSEUM OF MEMORY OF VICTIMS OF REPRESSION AT ZAHIRIDDIN MUHAMMAD BABUR ANDIJAN STATE UNIVERSITY
The international scientific and practical conference is held within the framework of the project “Political repressions among the Kazakhs in the republics of Central Asia in the 20-50s of the XX century (in the light of new archival sources)”
The Ch. Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology together with Museum of Memory of Victims of Repression at Zahiriddin Muhammad Babur Andijan State University on October 24, 2022 at 11.00 am organizes and holds an International scientific and practical conference “Political repressions among Kazakhs in the territory of the republics of Central Asia in the 20-50s of the XX century (in the light of new archival sources)”.
The main directions of the conference:
– Topical issues of studying the Soviet period of the history of Kazakhstan;
– The state of study of the topics of political repressions in the historical science of independent Kazakhstan-historiography and theoretical and methodological approaches;
– Features of the repressive policy of the totalitarian regime in the republics of Central Asia;
– Resistance to the Soviet regime in the republics of Central Asia-forms, periodization, regional specifics;
– Repressions against Kazakhs in the republics of Central Asia in the 1920s-1950s;
– The state policy of memory in the republics of Central Asia and the place of political repressions in the processes of formation of national identity;
– Personalities in the processes of political repression;
– Political repressions of the 1920s-1950s in Kazakhstan and the problem of complete rehabilitation of victims of repressions;
– Famine in the republics of Central Asia in the 1920s-1930s-the ratio of factors of natural cycles, political economy, demopolitics, necropolitics and ethnic economy;
– Ethnodemographic aspects of repressions in Central Asia and Kazakhstan in the 1920s-1950s and changes in the ethno-cultural map of the region;
– The role of state structures in carrying out political repressions;
– Problems of including the topics of political repressions in Central Asia in the public space and in the field of historical education
Working languages of the conference: Kazakh, Uzbek, Russian and English.
The beginning of the conference: October 24, 2022, 11:00 a.m.
Join Zoom conference
The format of the conference: Zoom-based conference (ID: 815 8182 7452, password: 593513)
Applications for participation in the conference are accepted until October 10, 2022 in electronic version to the e-mail: Timur-Eccehomofirstname.lastname@example.org
According to the results of the conference, it is planned to prepare a collection of conference materials. The admission of articles to the conference collection will last until October 24, 2022.
Requirements for the design of materials: the volume of the article is no more than 10-12 pages in the Microsoft Word editor; font Times New Roman, size 12; line spacing-single; paragraph-1 cm, paragraph indent is set automatically; margins: upper and lower-2, left-3, right-1.5; Full name of the author, place of work (name of the organization) – in the right corner; the title of the report is placed in capital letters below the center, city, country. References to scientific sources should be indicated in square brackets by an ordinal number (for example, [1, p. 65]), as mentioned, in accordance with the list of references and archival sources placed at the end of the text of the article.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to reject materials and applications that do not correspond to the topic of the conference or the requirements. At the same time, there is no correspondence with the author (s).
Contacts of the Organizing Committee: 050010, Almaty, Shevchenko str., 28, Ch. Ch. Valikhanov Institute of History and Ethnology, CS MES RK, Head of Department of External Relations, Information and Scientific Cluster – Kalybekova Manara Chaltenovna (+7 701 299 30 41), junior research fellow of the department – Ryskulov Timur Azizbekovich (+7 771 130 07 27)
APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
in the International scientific and practical conference “Political repressions among Kazakhs on the territory of the republics of Central Asia in the 20-50s of the XX century (in the light of new archival sources)”
|Place of work, position|
|Academic degree and title|
|Contact address and phone number|
|Topic of the report (in three languages)|
|Availability of slides for demonstration: YES/NO (slides are sent in advance, 24.10.2022).|
Sincerely, the Organizing Committee